For more resources beyond the online offerings below, visit the Carondelet Village Dementia Resource Library on the 3rd floor Reflection Room, next to Arbor Memory Care.
Technology and Activities
- Life 360 app \ Family safety through location sharing.
- Six simple gadgets improving life for those with dementia
- Smart-Home Features and Dementia Care
- NaturalReader NaturalSoft, LTD \ Text to speech software with natural sounding voices to read text documents and PDFs for Windows and Mac. Free download.
- Pandora\ Listen to radio stations that play specific music chosen by the person with the disease or the caregiver. Enter an artist, song, and composer or find a genre. Register and access your selections anytime, anywhere.
- How to make a Sensory Room (PDF Booklet)
- Robot Pet Therapy
- Senior Linkage Line \ mn.gov/senior-linkage-line
- Alzheimer’s Association \ The Alzheimer’s Association leads the way to end Alzheimer’s and dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
- Elder Care IQ \ Elder Care IQ takes the mystery out of screening senior care providers for quality and safety issues. Easy-to-use interactive map highlights more than 2,000 licensed senior care providers across Minnesota.
- Memory Café \ The Carondelet Village Memory Cafe provides a safe and judgment-free space for people with dementia, families, caregivers and professionals to socialize, ask questions of professionals, laugh and cry together and learn from one another. For more information, contact the receptionist desk at 651.695.5000.
- Memory Café PSA – English
- Memory Café PSA – Portuguese
- Memory Café PSA – Spanish
- Teepa Snow \ Teepa Snow and the PAC Team share about dementia so that everyone can understand why this is happening and how to support those living with brain change in a more positive and respectful way.
- Videos for Caregivers/Family
- Free Online Courses \ Free E-Learning courses provides information on detection, causes, and risk factors, stages of the disease and more.
- Dementia Friends Education Sessions \ Dementia Friends is a global movement that is changing the way people think, act, and talk about dementia. Developed by the Alzheimer’s Society in the United Kingdom, the Dementia Friends helps the community understand what dementia is and how it affects people.
- Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia
Sexuality and Relationships
- Sexuality and Dementia \ Coping with Changes in Your Intimate Relationship
- The last taboo \ A guide to dementia, sexuality, intimacy and sexual behavior in care homes