The mission of Carondelet Village is to enrich the lives of older adults through a faith-based setting that respects diversity of faith and culture and honors the dignity of all. Along with sharing this ministry, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet and Presbyterian Homes and Services also share the vision of volunteerism and how important it is in this community.
Carondelet Village has many different ways to get involved and to support the facility through volunteering. Everyone who volunteers here is important to our main goal of serving the residents. Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from helping supplement staff service – to doing the little “extras” and spending valuable time with the residents.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Serving residents
- Flexible scheduling
- Supportive staff
- Recognition activities
- Connecting with other volunteers
- Carondelet Village Circle Membership
- A discounted rate of $25/Month is offered if you volunteer a minimum of 10 hours per month. Please click here for more information about Circle Memberships, or contact Cassie Kigin at 651-695-5015.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete the online volunteer application. You can also ask for a paper application from the receptionist at the front desk of Carondelet Village.
- After you apply, you will receive a call from the Volunteer Director to schedule a time to meet and to discuss your interests and availability.
- A criminal background check will be conducted for all volunteers.
- You will attend an orientation session with the Volunteer Director or other designee once it is determined what role you will be volunteering in.
These are just some of the current opportunities that volunteers are needed for. Various hours and days available for most volunteer roles. Certain availability may be required for some of the roles.
- NAIL CARE
Purpose: To provide personal contact and enhance resident’s self esteem.
- BEAUTY SHOP ASSISTANT
Purpose: To assist beauticians by transporting residents to and from the beauty shop.
- CLERICAL SUPPORT
Purpose: To assist staff with clerical functions.
- CURRENT EVENTS LEADER
Purpose: To provide cognitive stimulation and opportunities for new learning.
- MAIL ASSISTANT
Purpose: To sort mail and to deliver personal mail to residents.
Purpose: To provide sensory and emotional stimulation, relaxation, and enjoyment.
- ONE TO ONE VISTOR
Purpose: To provide personal contact for those residents in need of individualized attention.
- READING CIRCLE LEADER
Purpose: To provide opportunity for stimulation through listening to books/stories being read.
- ACTIVITY ASSISTANT
Purpose: To assist Activity Staff by leading activities/games.
- GIFT SHOP SALESPERSON
Purpose: To meet the needs of the customers through the merchandise and service.
Purpose: To enhance quality of life for residents by beautification of grounds.
Volunteer Director: Heather Foxx
525 Fairview Ave South, Saint Paul, MN 55116